Another book from the What to Expect series.
This book is separated into four parts, with the first part being more dedicated to things couples can do before hitting the sack. The book then continues into baby making, ovulation and the timing of conception. The last parts of the book cover potential problems that may arise when trying to get pregnant as well as a fertility planning section, including family history, food and fertility charts. There is also a preconception plan stretched out over a year’s time, beginning with 6-12 months out.
Overall a well-rounded book.
I enjoyed reading the first section most as it is the phase that I am currently in. This section covered issues concerning: nutrition, vitamins, medication, genetic screening, exercise, stress, work, finances and insurance.
- Stress messes with ovulation. Many get a regular period but don’t ovulate because of stress.
- Drumming in the importance of sleep.
- Seeking moments of silence and zero technology.
- Visiting the dentist before getting pregnant.
- Keeping dad out of the hot tub.
- Dating again. This was my favorite part. (Mentions how dad can spice things up by surprising her, dating her, treating her, having a laugh and taking time away together.
You can check out the What to Expect blog here!