I have to admit that I have not felt sexy for a long time, that is, until recently. The last time I remember feeling sensual and feminine was when I was pregnant. I really did. These days I have been working on bringing that sexy part of me back as I miss “her” and so does my husband. Preparing for a baby has been a bit stressful. I have never been a patient person and I can place too much pressure on getting pregnant. I have to remember that I have a life aside from having another baby. Our toddler also wakes up multiple times a night and our days are quite hectic with a hyper-scheduled city life. As a result any kind of sexiness has gone out the window. Not anymore.
Small baby steps. Daily action. Paying attention to my thought patterns. Saying No. Saying Yes. Trying new things. Being uncomfortable. Allowing myself to be “seen.”
This is where my preconception journey has led me. Taking a step back and finding a bit more of myself before I rush off to make a whole new person. Plus, baby making is so much more fun when I feel sexy. Yes, we want to have another baby but we also want to enjoy the beauty that comes with intimacy and marriage.
I thought I would share some things I am doing to bring my sexy back. People tend to avoid the subject but trust me, it is important. Crucial really.
So here is my list:
- I found what makes me feel sexy and treat myself to a weekly mini-present. For me that includes, dangly earrings, lip gloss and sexy undershirts.
- I moved my sexy bras to the front of my drawer and threw away my old breastfeeding bras. They weren’t cute at all. I love my Angel push-up bra from Victoria’s Secret. I definitely walk differently when I am wearing it.
- I got my hair done and did something different. I cut bangs. I always feel sexy when I change my hair a bit. I also got my eyebrows threaded.
- I went out dancing with the girls. NOTHING makes me feel better than moving my body. Such a powerful release. We even started a dance whatsapp group and are now planning our weekly outing together.
- I signed up for a pole dancing class with my best friend. Might even throw in a lap dance class. I might hurt myself but why not give it a try!
- I drink a maca, banana shake every day. Maca makes me feel super.
- I avoid putting on “mom” clothes. Yes, they are comfortable but they make me feel frumpy. This takes some effort as I work from home and can live in dance pants and hoodies if I want to.
- Following that note, no sweatpants to bed. I own the cutest nighties and I plan to use them. If I feel cold, I need to hang on to Nikos even more, which is the point. Sleeping naked is also an option but I come from Earthquake country and learned to be prepared at any time to run out of the house. That being said I am open to change.
- Watching sexy movies with my husband, like 50 Shades of Grey.
- I send sexy messages to my husband during the day. He really enjoys this!
- I love the smell of rose so I use this scent in my toiletries and as a natural parfum. We also have a sexy natural-scented candle for the house.
- I apply coconut oil to my entire body. I feel it is so much work as I am tall and my legs seem way too far away to bother, but it MUST be done.
For all of you out there trying to conceive and feeling a bit un-sexy or stressed out, maybe it’s time to find your sexy again too. If you are in Hong Kong and want to join the dance party you are always welcome!
I would love to hear what you are doing to feel like the sexy, beautiful, woman you are. Comment below or at our FB page!